Last Updated on May 20, 2021 by MoneyVisual
In today’s time, two-wheelers have become one of the most used vehicles for daily commutes in India. Many people even prefer two-wheelers over cars. But if you buy a two-wheeler, you have to think about buying two-wheeler insurance too.
Because according to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, having third party insurance is mandatory for every vehicle that runs on the road.
So if you own a two-wheeler, you mandatorily have to buy two-wheeler insurance. Though you can buy two wheeler insurance offline, buying it online will be more hassle-free for you.
Two-wheeler insurance is something you should never skip out on while getting a new bike.
How to Compare Two Wheeler Insurance Online?
In order to make the right choice while buying two-wheeler insurance online, you have to compare between many two-wheeler insurances that are available in the market. You don’t have to browse through different sites to compare. You can get all the details of several two-wheeler insurance policies in a single aggregator. An aggregator is a website that searches across the internet and collects data from several sources and curates them in one place so that buyers can access the necessary information easily from one place and make the right choice.
What to Compare?
By now, you know that you can compare several two-wheeler insurance plans to buy bike insurance. But you might not know which aspects you should keep in mind while comparing the insurances before taking a uniform decision. It is not enough to keep compare quotes, along with it you should keep in mind these following things as well:
- First, you have to compare third-party bike insurance plans and comprehensive bike insurance plans and then decide which one is right for you. Third-party bike insurance policies and comprehensive bike insurance policies are different from each other in terms of Coverage, Need, Premium rates, Coverage limit, Add-ons, Premium calculation, No claim bonus, Premium discounts, Coverage duration, etc. For example, third-party bike insurance policies cover only third party legal liabilities whereas Comprehensive policies cover both third party legal liability and damages suffered by the insured two-wheeler. So, based on your need, you have to choose what suits you the best after comparing between third-party bike insurance plans and comprehensive bike insurance plans.
- Next, what you should compare is the policy exclusions under different bike insurance plans. Some insurance plans cover something which some other plans don’t. So before you make your final decision, you should, without a fail, check what an insurance plan does not cover.
- The next thing that you should compare before buying a bike insurance plan is the discounts. Some plans offer more discounts in the renewal premium than others. So, go through the plans, compare between them and see which plan gives you more discount in renewal premium because buying two-wheeler insurance is not just a one-time thing. You have to renew it annually. And at the time of renewal, you could use that discount.
- Also, while comparing the insurance quotes, you should compare their salient features. For example, some policies include add-ons that are really helpful. The add-ons vary from one company to another. So, you can check out what kind of add-ons a policy offers and then choose the policy that provides an add-on that suits you the best. You should also check if they have a cashless garage network all over the country.
- Finally, you should compare the reviews they have from their customers. It’s usually available on the website. The more positive reviews a policy has, the more trustworthy it is.
Benefits of Buying Two Wheeler Insurance Online:
1. Plenty of Options:
If you buy two wheeler insurance online, you will get plenty of options to choose from. You won’t get as many options in a single place if you buy two wheeler insurance online. And it is always better if you have more choices while choosing the right two-wheeler insurance for you. That’s why buying two-wheeler insurance online is the smarter choice in today’s world.
2. Contactless Process:
In the present time, when the whole world is fighting against a deadly pandemic, it is really important for us to try to be as safe as possible. And for that, we need to stay at home as much as possible. But if you decide to buy your two-wheeler insurance offline, you have to step out and risk your health.
But buying two-wheeler insurance online will let you choose from a plethora of options while being safe at home. It also involves less paperwork and you can also make the payment online in a safe and contactless manner.
3. Hassle-free Comparison by Aggregators:
If you want to buy your two-wheeler insurance online, you will get the chance to compare hundreds of options, that too in one place. You don’t have to browse through million websites to decide upon single two-wheeler insurance.
You can compare lots of two-wheeler insurance and choose the correct one for you if you visit a good aggregator. Once you properly compare different two-wheeler insurance quotes online, you will get the right offer for yourself.
This will help you insure yourself and your bike in the most feasible manner possible.