Google constantly updates its algorithm to provide better service and experience to the users and therefore you should know about these updates and act accordingly to gain better SEO results and a higher rank in the SERP.
According to the latest updates of Google last year, Google has intensified its focus on content and its evaluating quality. It will now evaluate website contents at its ‘depth and breadth,’ so to speak. Therefore, you will need to focus now more on creating exceptional contents especially if you want to do well in the technical SEO.
If you track the SEO performance of several different sites such as https://blastup.com/and others you will see that:
- The sites that have exceptional and high quality content with a large coverage ranked high in the SERPs all through the year.
- On the other hand the sites that are weak in their content depth significantly had a lower ranking.
In addition to that, experts also expect that the trend of Google rewarding the sites that have the best content and provides the most in-depth experiences will continue to change in 2021. They think that there is a lot more tuning to be done by Google in the following months.
That means if you are still creating contents just to keep your blog alive it will not be of any good any longer. In order to ensure better visibility and higher ranks, you will have to look over and beyond of including:
- Featured snippets
- Conversational interfaces
- Hosted articles
- Content aggregators and all other such opportunities in your content.
This will ensure that you rank high and your site and brand reaches successfully to your target audience.
Optimizing for Devices
In 2021, if you want a better SEO in your digital strategy then you will also have to focus on optimizing your content for devices. This will ensure that your content is optimized for audio-only devices and home assistants. Do not ignore this aspect as this will increase the sales of your product or services as well as the exposure of your brand.
However, in order to ensure all these you will need the best content and post it on some of the best, most popular and fastest platforms. This will ensure that you reach to your users no matter where they come from.
The ultimate result and entire search experience will depend on a few specific things such as:
- Your domain of expertise
- Your control
- Your goal
- The volume of traffic
- Level of optimized search experience.
All these factors when considered will ensure that you create the most engaging and efficient content to start an interaction with your users by offering them the best solutions through your site. This will result in better SEO. Therefore, make your content web-based, app-based and technology-based as well.
Deal and Eliminate Issues
You must ensure that your content is free from any issues and can deal with any issues that the users may have. It must be good enough to obtain links so that it gains higher rank on Google. According to experts:
- You must think what to post, what to include in your post and when to post because all these considerations will pay off in the short as well as long run.
- They also suggest that you better create a single post that is good, strategically designed and distribute it properly every few months.
It is much better and more effective than creating several posts in a month that are average and receives only a few visits. This will be a waste of money, time and effort and most importantly it will provide you with a much below average ranking in the SERP.
The experts suggest that ideally contentcan only be considered to be exceptionally good when it has these four basic abilities as follows:
- It must solve a problem
- It must move
- It must motivate and
- It must connect with people.
If you can answer a question of your user with your content you will be benefited in ways more than one including:
- Getting a lead
- Making a sale
- Help with SEO link building
- Reputation management and
- Social proof and community-building purposes.
You will win all the way if you research to find the best solution to any problem that users may have that is meant for them and best for them. You will always do much better in your digital marketing efforts if you focus on more than just trying to SEO out of it.
Level of Content Quality
Experts also expect that this change in the Google algorithm will ensure a rise in the level of content quality in 2021.
To ensure that your content is of high quality you will need to follow the most common content strategy in SEO that not just involves answering a query but also involves:
- Getting the users to your page
- Use of language that will engage the user and
- Navigate the user to take the next action.
How can you best do that? Well, the strategy involves using more of content and experience maps.
About Technical SEO
This is where technical SEO comes in. Over the years and every year, websites are becoming more complex and therefore you will need to invest in technical SEO, which is a major thing in 2021 and also beyond it.
There are a few key areas that you need to focus on the technical side of SEO. These are:
- Speed: It must be simpler and faster as Google now rewards sites that are high in speed.
- Progressive Web Apps: Known as PWAs, in 2021 and in the future this is something that will become the mainstay experience for your users.
Therefore, make sure you know what you are going to present on the home screen of the users. Follow these technical as well as creative aspects of SEO strategy and content marketing to get the best results out of it.