Keeping up with what’s new is part and parcel of the marketing industry. Be it tools or strategies; every marketing enthusiast is looking out for the marketing method that strengthens their customer relationship the most. Unfortunately, it is easier said than done.
With new tools and techniques always creeping up in the industry, it is overwhelming to stay on top of your game.
If you are looking for other video editing tools to improve your digital marketing strategy, check Bounce Color.
If you are a marketer, no one understands this better than you.
But, chin up. With your rescue squad, you always have help in your hands.
Following are the top strategies that will save you from losing your marketing edge in 2023.
7 Tips Every Digital Marketer Needs to Know in 2023
No matter how many new strategies and methods flood the market, the fundamental principles of interaction will always stay the same.
If you remember this statement while creating your campaigns, you will always be a marketing ninja.
All you have to work on now is to detect which channel works best for your target audience. Every industry is different.
However, you can optimize the following channels irrespective of which industry you are working in.
1. Don’t Underestimate the Power of Email Marketing
Thoughtless, irrelevant, and generic marketing messages can no more bring you results in 2023.
The future of marketing lies in hyper-personalization. Email is the best way to achieve so.
It’s not only cost-effective but efficient to get your word out.
In an Oberlo survey, email marketing was measured to deliver $42 for every $1 spent.
So, if you’re still feeling undecided about such a robust ROI opportunity, you are leaving money on the table.
Pro Tip: Use email automation tools like Mailchimp to make the most of it. Segment your subscriber list based on their behavior, and tailor your message to engage with them even more. For maximum outreach, time is an important metric to consider.
2. Video Marketing is the New Cool
In today’s attention economy, old and wry; one-size-fits-all messages do not work anymore.
Don’t just inform your audience; entertain them.
Video marketing is one of the best ways to achieve so. In fact, more and more businesses are adopting their marketing ventures towards video content.
94% of marketers have reportedly mentioned that videos have helped their customers better understand their product and services.
There is tons of help that you can take in doing so. Canva is a popular tool when it comes to creating short eye-catching marketing video ads.
Pro Tip: Keep your ad graphics and copy contextual to what you are serving to your audience. The more consistent you are with your messages, the better your videos will perform.
3. Use FOMO Model
Today’s audience is constantly in fear of missing out on what’s trending. Use your audience’s behavior in favor of your marketing campaigns.
Add time sensitivity to your campaigns. This not only boosts the overall perception of your services and products in front of your audience.
It will create opportunities for push sales. Clickfunnel is one such funnel builder that lets you build time-sensitive campaigns.
Pro Tip: Use social proof, quotes from influencers and celebrities, and highlight missed opportunities to optimize this strategy.
4. Stay on Top of Your SEO Game
The best kind of customers are those who seek you.
Neither do you pay anything for their attention, nor do you have to brainstorm ideas to educate them about your products.
If your ideal customer looks like this, you cannot ignore SEO. Optimizing your channel for organic traffic is the best investment your marketing venture can dive into.
But, what tastes the sweetest comes with patience. Search engine optimization is a long haul.
You have to be consistent with your blogging and content production resources. You can start seeing results at the end of three to six months of time.
Pro Tip: Use high-resolution graphics and multimedia for optimizing your content channels like your blog page or social media accounts. You can automate posting with tools like Buffer for taking a little labor out of the system.
5. Are You a Good Secret Keeper?
Your consumers are super sensitive about their data.
A Gartner study shows 8 out of 10 customers are likely to abandon a brand that uses their data without prior consent.
What follows is a decline in your audience trust and lowered brand equity and sales.
In fact, it is such an important factor that the governments of multiple nations have taken the necessary steps to keep up the privacy of today’s netizens. Multiple data security protocols like the GDPR compliance and CCPA compliance keeping up with the regulations have become even more mandatory.
To champion this hurdle you need to get creative here.
- Personalizing experiences for your audience can save you here. Accenture pulse found that 91% of consumers preferred a brand with personal messaging instead of brands operating with flat generic communications. No matter what, your audience would always want you to tailor their experiences with your brands. This can add leverage to how you gain access to their data. Your audience is willing to share their data in exchange for an improved experience.
- Place yourself as a privacy-conscious brand. This will help you gain the trust of your audience.
- Create your future campaigns keeping privacy policies in mind. Staying on top of your consumer data privacy can ensure that your campaigns aren’t subject to compensations. Keep your knowledge about privacy policies updated regularly.
While you are collecting data, inform your consumers as to how you intend to use their data.
Pro Tip: In this changing world of privacy policies, an expert collaborator can take all the guesswork out of your system.
6. Let Data Do the Talking
Analytics is the key to your marketing success. No wonder why the martech industry is said to reach $121.5 billion in the coming days.
In business, data is everything. Numbers don’t lie. So, in order to create a successful campaign knowing what is working for you and what is not is immensely powerful.
But, the big question here is how?
You’ll be surprised by the amount of help you have in hand to measure the performance of your marketing efforts. Following are a few top tools you can always rely on.
- Mixpanel gives you insights into your audience’s behavior with your product or website on the digital landscape. Done right it can open your funnel marketing pipelines.
- Kissmetrics is the marketer’s favorite tool that is high on experiments. Performing split testing your strategies with this tool will always be a cakewalk. If you are targeting to increase your customer engagement and conversions for your next campaign, you cannot miss this tool.
- Google Analytics is your go-to tool if you are tracking your traffic sources. But that is not all you can do. You can map your traffic’s behavior, their dwelling time, and their overall behavior with your brand online. Plus, Google Analytics has integration capabilities with Google Adwords that give you access to even deeper campaign data.
- Google Search Console is your go-to tool to track organic search traffic. This tool shows you which search keywords lead users to your website. It further goes deeper into analytics letting you access vital information like total impressions per search keyword, your SEO ranking, the CTR.
7. Focus on Creating an Experience
Having a great product cannot win over your audience.
Don’t get it wrong.
In today’s competitive market where you and your competitors all are tussling for the same audience, getting your story heard is a difficult task to do. You need more. In order to win over its audience, your product needs an equally compelling story. Creating an unforgettable brand experience is one of the most sustainable ways to achieve so.
So how do you do that?
Make your audience feel special and exquisite. Give them a thoughtful, personalized experience of your brand. Understanding real-time consumer behavior comes in very handy here. Following are a few tools that can help you achieve so.
- Semrush is your go-to tool when you need to learn how to gain your audience back from your competitors. SEMRush is not just a competitor analysis tool.
It opens up doors of learning from your competitors in the market so you know what you are doing right and wrong.
- Crazyegg gives you insights into the real-time behavior of your audience. It lets you see what your traffic does on your site. Which elements are they most interested in? Having such data lets you create a custom experience for each persona of your target audience.
Pro Tip: Remember, you are trying to design the waoh-experience for your customer.
The above tips and tricks are definite to make your yearly journey easier. Remember, having a blueprint means nothing if you cannot practice manifesting its power.
All of the strategies above lay a foundation for your best marketing practices. Whether you win the battle or not still depends upon how well you execute the strategy.
Always rely upon your empirical senses. It will guide you towards what your target customers want. Remember, your marketing campaign success directly depends upon how well you can please your consumers. So go that extra mile for your customer’s delight.