Taking online surveys is one of the easiest ways to make money online. However, there is little more to it than signing up, filing the credentials, and giving your reviews on ads, products & services.
Moreover, the big question is, how much you can make and how much work it involves.
Though you must have a source of earning a full-time living, online surveys can leverage your spare time to earn more cash.
If you are on a fence, whether taking surveys will benefit you or not, this blog will help you get clear on your confusion. Keep reading!
Why Do Companies Pay for Online Surveys?
One of the questions that strike the mind of most of the people is why would anyone pay you for your opinions. Getting paid to take a survey seems ridiculous, after all. Well, the truth is companies rely on customer feedback. Also, the companies which don’t have enough sources to conduct consumer surveys hire survey companies to do it for them.
Customer feedback helps the companies to make money by improving ads and products before releasing them publicly. By taking a survey, you provide them with information crucial to their success. Thus, the companies will pay you for your precious time.
How Does The Process Of Taking Online Surveys Work?
Taking online surveys for money is a simple process. However, if you are getting started, it may take some time. Here are some steps involved in the same-
- Search for a company to sign up with.
- Create a profile. You require a separate profile for each company you survey for. Further, each company has a different demographic. So, unless the company knows that you fit their demographics, they won’t send you a survey.
- Get the surveys. Some companies will notify you of the surveys via email, while others are immediately available for you to take. In some cases, you get products or ads in the mail for review.
- Now that you’ve got the surveys, the next step is to take the surveys. Sometimes, there are multiple-choice questions, while other times, you may need to type long answers to some specific questions.
- Earn rewards! The reward process varies from company to company. Some give you points that can be redeemed for cash or other rewards. And, others transfer money to your PayPal account.
Taking Online Surveys is a Win-Win for You!
Though you aren’t going to make a fortune taking surveys, you can make extra cash for fun, investing, or paying off your debt. Monetary rewards may vary from $1 to $20 or more. So, if you take several surveys a day, you can make good money in a month.
Some companies don’t give monetary rewards but provide gift cards or free products you need to test for the survey. It can be anything from household products, body care products to other things of daily use.
Further, some companies enter you into a sweepstake drawing when you take a survey. Higher is the number of surveys you take; more are the chances to win. As you don’t get rewarded right away, it seems a bit frustrating. However, it pays off with great perks, including prizes, products, gift cards, etc.
Thus, how much you can make through online surveys depends upon the companies you sign up with, the demographics you fit, and the number of surveys you take.
Any survey landing in your inbox doesn’t mandate you take it. But, there is no harm to do so if you have 10-15 minutes, which would otherwise be used to check Facebook or Twitter.
You May Read: How to Make Money from Facebook
It is Necessary to Spot the Bad Apples
It’s just a trick to get to your money without giving anything in return. A legitimate company will never ask you to pay but will pay you for the time you spend taking surveys.